These are photographs taken between 1958 and 1966 on the ex-Great Central line around Nottingham.
Ex N.E.R. "B16" 61418 (50A) at Annesley. The original Raven B16/1's were detested by Annesley men. The firehole doors were what we called "fish & chip shop" They had anti-glare screens both sides and on top. Mexborough and York men would leave them on the ashpits with the fire level with the firehole door! Pity the poor fireman that had to clean the fire! The smokebox would always be full of char, often way above the crossbar!